Dedicated to Ending Homelessness
The Homeless Resource Council of the Sierras (HRCS) brings people together in collaboration to develop, coordinate, and support projects, services, and resources that will enhance partners' ability to prevent and end homelessness in Nevada and Placer Counties.
HRCS is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and serves as the "collaborative applicant" and administrative entity for the Placer County CA-515 and Nevada County CA-531 continuums of care. It is governed by a 7 member board with representation from each of the continuums of care. Board meetings are held monthly on the second Wednesday.
Basic Components of the CoC
HRCS serves the Continuums of Care of Placer and Nevada Counties. The Continuum of Care system consists of six core components including:
- Advocacy on behalf of those who are homeless or are at risk of homelessness
- A system of outreach, assessment, and prevention for determining the needs and conditions of an individual or family that is homeless
- Education on issues of homelessness, homeless prevention, low-income, and affordable housing programs
- Engagement and interaction with local city/county governments concerning homeless programs, services, housing, and funding
- Identification of the gaps and needs of homeless households and participating in community-wide planning to prioritize local and state funding to reduce chronic homelessness and address the needs of homeless persons and families
- Track trends and data as well as adjust priorities to meet the changing needs of homeless persons and families
Board of Directors
Community Service, Nevada County
Bright Futures for Youth
Dr. rob oldham
The Continuums of Care for Placer County and Nevada County are standing advisory committees to HRCS. and brings people together to prevent and end homelessness in Placer County and Nevada County.
Placer County Continuum of Care CA-515 Board Members
Dr. Rob Oldham
The meetings of CA-515 are held on the second Wednesday of each month 11:45 a.m -1 p.m. and are being held by virtual teleconference until further notice.
Board of Directors CA-531
The meetings of CA-531 are held on the third Thursday of each month 1:30-3:30 p.m. and are being held by virtual teleconference until further notice.
The Board of Directors meets virtually on the second Wednesday of each month.
Placer County Continuum of Care CA-515
The Board of Directors meets virtually on the second Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be added to the mailing list.
Nevada County Regional Continuum of Care CA-531
The Board of Directors meets virtually on the third Thursday of each month from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Send an email to email@example.com to be added to the mailing list.
Reach out to us to learn more about what we do.