Dedicated to Ending Homelessness
The Homeless Resource Council of the Sierras (HRCS) brings people together to develop, coordinate, and support projects, services, and resources that will enhance partners' ability to prevent and end homelessness in Nevada and Placer Counties.
HRCS is a 501(C)3 nonprofit and serves as the "collaborative applicant" and administrative entity for the Roseville, Rocklin/Placer County CA-515 and Nevada County CA-531 Continuums of Care. It is governed by a seven member board with representation from each of the continuums of care. Board meetings are held monthly on the second Wednesday.
Basic Components of the CoC
The Continuum of Care (CoC) Program is designed to promote communitywide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness; provide funding for efforts by nonprofit providers, and State and local governments to quickly rehouse homeless individuals and families while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused to homeless individuals, families, and communities by homelessness; promote access to and effect utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families; and optimize self-sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness (Department of Housing and Urban Development). The CoC program consists of six core components:
- Advocate on behalf of those who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of homelessness.
- Manage a system of outreach, assessment, and prevention for determining the needs and conditions of an individual or family that is experiencing homelessness.
- Educate the community on issues relating to homelessness, homeless prevention, and low-income and affordable housing programs.
- Engage and interact with local city/county governments concerning homeless programs, services, housing, and funding.
- Identify the gaps and needs of households experiencing homelessness and participate in community-wide planning to prioritize local and state funding to reduce chronic homelessness and address the needs of persons and families experiencing homelessness.
- Track trends and collect data to inform priorities to meet the changing needs of persons and families experiencing homelessness.
Homeless Resource Council of the Sierras
Board of Directors
Community Service, Nevada County
Dr. Rob Oldham
The Continuums of Care for Placer County and Nevada County are standing advisory committees to HRCS. and brings people together to prevent and end homelessness in Placer County and Nevada County.
Roseville, Rocklin/Placer County Continuum of Care CA-515 Board Members
Dr. Rob Oldham
The meetings of CA-515 are held on the second Wednesday of each month 11:45 a.m -1 p.m. and are being held by virtual teleconference until further notice.
Nevada County Continuum of Care CA-531 Board Members
The meetings of CA-531 are held on the third Thursday of each month 1:30-3:30 p.m. and are being held by virtual teleconference until further notice.
The Board of Directors meets virtually on the second Wednesday of each month.
Roseville, Rocklin/Placer County Continuum of Care CA-515
The Board of Directors meets virtually on the second Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please complete the form here to to be added to the mailing list.
Reach out to us to learn more about what we do.