Get Help


For Resources

Nevada County

Call 211 Connecting Point at 2-1-1 or 833-DIAL211 (833-342-5211). Provides referrals to emergency shelter as well as additional resources, including food, healthcare, transportation, legal assistance, and more. Callers can choose to be included on a centralized housing assistance list.

Call the Homeless Resource Helpline at 2-1-1 or 833-3PLACER (833-375-2237). Provides referrals to emergency shelter. Callers can choose to be included on a centralized housing assistance list.

Coordinated Entry System

Coordinated Entry (CE) is a process that ensures that all people who are experiencing a housing crisis have fair and equal access to services. If you are an individual who is at risk of homelessness or currently homeless and you would like to get into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), please call the numbers above that is associated with the county you currently reside. A call agent will ask you questions to see if you are eligible to do a CE intake over the phone. You may be able to receive a shelter referral and/or get your name placed on a waitlist for long-term housing opportunities.

HMIS does two important things:

211 Connecting Point is the access point for Coordinated Entry in Nevada and Placer Counties. Individuals seeking support will speak to a 211 call specialist who will ask them a series of questions. The caller’s answers are entered by the 211 call specialist into HUD’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), which can be accessed only by designated organizations that provide housing services.

Need Help?

Dial 2-1-1!